Fresh Blueberries in Rochester, NY
Fall Blueberry Picking is Closed!
We have 6 undulating acres in the beautiful country side overlooking the surrounding orchards. Our blueberries are high in vitamin C and anti-oxidants. They're great for fresh eating, smoothies, freezing, cooking, canning, and making jam! Already picked blueberries are also available at the farm stand. For best storage keep the berries you pick refrigerated. As with all produce, always wash before use.
Blueberry Crisp Recipe
- 3 cups of washed & drained fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 2/3 cup of packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of flour
- 1/2 cup of quick or slow cooked oats
- 3/4 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- dash of ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/3 cup of softened butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Place blueberries in an ungreased 8x8x2 pan
- Sprinkle blueberries with the lemon juice
- Mix all of the dry ingredients together in a seperate bowl
- Cut the butter into the dry ingredients
- Sprinkle this mixture on top of the blueberries
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the top is crispy and brown
Serve hot over ice cream, in a bowl with cream, or just plain. This also tastes great served cold cut into pieces like a pan cookie. This recipe is quick & easy. Fix and pop in the oven just before dinner, and dessert will be ready by the time you are done eating dinner!
Recipe compliments of Julie Grimm-derWelle.