You Pick Tips and Etiquette
G and S Orchards is a working farm. We encourage you to experience a real farm by harvesting the fruits and vegetables from our fields and orchards for your own use. We ask that you and your family respect this privilege. We also ask that you respect our property, our employees and the rules. Please treat the farm as if it were your own. We want the You Pick experience to be enjoyable for every one.
Gary and Stephanie Craft
- We reserve the right to close the fields at any time.
- We reserve the right to refuse access to anyone at any time.
- Payment: We currently only accept cash payments.
- You MUST pay for what you pick (we will not buy your extra fruit nor will we sell it for you).
- You Pick fields close promptly at time specified.
- Adult supervised children who are well behaved are welcome.
- You are responsible for your actions and the actions of those with you.
- Plan appropriately for what you intend to pick and the closing time.
- We do not sell the bushes or trees.
- Use the bathrooms and hand washing facilities provided, not the fields or orchards.
- If you have allergies be sure to bring appropriate medicines (epi pen, antihistamine).
- Dress appropriately, bring sun screen.
- Do not litter or leave trash in fields.
- For the safety and comfort of our customers, please no pets.
- Watch for honeybees and bumblebees they are needed for pollination and will be in the fields.
- Park in marked areas only, no vehicles in fields or orchards.
- We supply the picking containers and bags.
- Please drive slowly and with care. There are many children.
- No climbing trees, standing on wagons or tables.
- No breaking branches.
- No throwing fruit, sticks or stones.
- Removal of branches or stems or bushes is prohibited.
- No knives or cutting tools are allowed in the fields or orchards.
- Do not eat picked fruit until you have paid for it.
- No smoking or consuming alcohol.
- Do not drink irrigation water.
- Do not touch or disturb bird, bumblebee or honeybee boxes.
- Do not go near or touch bird scare machinery or farm machinery that may be in the fields or orchards.
- Do not stand on or drive over irrigation pipe.
- Do not cross under the ropes. They are up for your benefit and safety.
If observed breaking any of the rules you and your group will be required to pay for what has been picked and leave the property immediately and you will not be allowed to return.
- Be respectful of closing time.
- Be courteous to those picking around you.
- Treat plants and trees with care.
- Report any problems immediately to a G and S Orchards employee.
- Fruit is fragile and should be placed in the containers. Never drop or toss, it will bruise.
- Do not pick under ripe fruit. It will not get ripe or sweet once picked.
- Raspberries - do not pick with the stems on... the fruit will easily release from the cap when ripe.
- Strawberries - do not pull on the berry use the stem and cap to protect the fruit when picking.
- Cherries, Strawberries, Currants and Gooseberries will keep longer if picked with the stems.
- Refrigerate your fruit and vegetables as soon as possible.
- Always wash your fruit and vegetables before eating.